Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Year!


Welcome! This year has gotten off to a fabulous start!

I have seen almost all of my classes and they have been creating their Idea Portfolios.  Idea Portfolios are this year's answer to the sketchbook.  Last year, everyone had a sketchbook, but I noticed that they weren't being used too often.  It was hard to add pages and things often got mixed up.  So, this year, each artist has a small idea portfolio that will hold sketches, checklists for projects, reflection writings, make more art challenges and anything else that they choose to include.  I have told the students that if they see something that "catches their eye" in the newspaper or a magazine, they can cut it out (with parent permission!) and bring it in to put in their I.P.  We talked about how all of these things give us inspiration for our own work.  

I will leave you with some images of Studio 220.  I look forward to seeing you all at the curriculum meetings!


Here is our studio area.
And this is our library, reflection center, jobs board and our awesome technology set up!

Lastly, here is a glimpse of some first graders experimenting with monoprinting.


Later this afternoon I will be posting our curriculum letter for September. 

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment